Your personal data is important to us at MHC and it is our policy to respect the confidentiality of information that may be supplied by you or collected about you as required by us in person, by email or through our company’s website. This policy outlines how we manage the personal data we collect, hold, and use, in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 in Singapore.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- If you choose to send MHC an email, register for events and membership, or communicate with us through MHC’s website, social media or in any other way, provide us with your personal data, please note that the MHC may retain such personal data and may:
- Use this information for internal business and administrative purposes which includes improving our products and service offerings, and enhancing our overall service levels;
- Contact you and send information, which we believe may be of interest to you, including but not limited to information relating to new programmes and events, and other similar information;
- Share your personal data with HPB, our partners, and other third parties such as service providers, so as to serve you in the most effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- The submission of your personal information is entirely voluntary. We may collect your personal data directly/indirectly from you or your authorized representatives in the course of:
- the processing or enrolment of and administration of your membership;
- helping us to improve our service to you;
- processing your registration and/or enquiry and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- the disclosure of your personal data to our partners, and other third parties such as service providers for administration, security reasons and event management;
- informing you of future events which might be of interest to you;
- updating your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions (including all information arising from comments, reviews and messages);
- delivery and enhancement of our services, programmes and events;
- planning the provision of new services, programmes and events;
- monitoring and enhancing the provision of new services, projects, programmes and events;
- government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- publicity and marketing materials, in either print or electronic form or through social media or post event initiatives; and
- purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
- Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, MHC may be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
- We respect your privacy and do not practice renting or selling of your personal information to third parties.
- Please ensure that your personal information is current, complete and accurate. Where you provide personal information about yourself to us, you are responsible to provide accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us, and to contact us to update this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date.
- Access to your personal information is limited to persons whom we reasonably believe requires access for effective delivery of our services to you, to process your job application or for the purposes set out above.
- We may also collect, use and disclose such personal information if so authorized or required by law or the relevant authorities, or exempted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
MHC will retain your personal data for the duration of time necessary to carry out the purposes for which your personal data was collected, for the other purposes set out in this policy, including but not limited to legal and business purposes
Storage and Security of Personal Data
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, MHC cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Third Party Websites
This site may contain links to other websites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. MHC is not responsible for any information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties, the content and privacy policies of these other websites and encourages you to consult the privacy policies of those sites.
Access and Correction
Please contact us at email@example.com should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and / or disclosure is requested.
MHC reserves the right to change this Policy without notice from time to time.
Last Updated 12 February 2020